CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
SHREC2022 - 3D Shape Retrieval Challenge 2022
At Eurographics 2022 Symposium on 3D Object Retrieval, 1-2 September 2022
New since 2020: Full paper submissions will follow a two-stage review process and will
be published in the international journal Computes & Graphics upon acceptance.
We strongly encourage to consider the graphics replicability stamp initiative, http://www.replicabilitystamp.org/, and to apply for this additional sign of recognition.
The general objective of the 3D Shape Retrieval Challenge is to evaluate
the effectiveness of 3D-shape retrieval algorithms. SHREC2022 is the
sixteenth edition of the challenge. Like previous years, it is organized
in conjunction with the Eurographics Symposium on 3D Object Retrieval,
where the results will be reviewed and presented at the symposium.
Thanks to the efforts of previous track organizers, SHREC already
provides many resources to compare and evaluate 3D retrieval methods.
For this year's contest, we aim to explore new and updated tracks.
Therefore, the participants are invited to have an active role in the
organization of the event. This includes proposing track themes,
building or acquiring a test collection, and deciding upon the queries,
relevance assessment, and performance measures.
The participants of each track will collectively write a paper, which will be
peer reviewed, and published in Computers & Graphics upon acceptance. At least
one author per track must register for the symposium, and present the
results. We also cordially invite all participants of a track to
register and attend the workshop.
The following tracks are organized. For description of tasks, the collections, queries, the evaluation procedure, and time schedule, follow the links or contact the track organizer.
Online detection of heterogeneous gestures
Organizers: Marco Emporio, Anton Pirtac, Ariel Caputo, Marco Cristani, Andrea Giachetti (VIPS lab, University of Verona)
Contact: Andrea Giachetti
Fitting and recognition of simple geometric primitives on point clouds
Organizers: Chiara Romanengo, Andrea Raffo (CNR-IMATI, Italy)
Contact: Chiara Romanengo
Open-Set 3D Object Retrieval using Multi-Modal Representation
Organizers: Yue Gao, Yifan Feng, Xibin Zhao (Tsinghua University, China), Yandong Guo (OPPO Inc.)
Contact: Yifan Feng
Pothole and crack detection on road pavement using RGB-D images
Organizers: A. Ranieri, E. Moscoso Thompson, S. Biasotti (CNR-IMATI, Italy)
Contact: Elia Moscoso Thompson
Sketch-Based 3D Shape Retrieval in the Wild
Organizers: Jie Qin (Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics, China),
Shuaihang Yuan (New York Universityb, USA), Jiaxin Chen (Beihang University, China),
Boulbaba Ben Amor (IMT Nord Europe, France), Yi Fang (NYU Abu Dhabi, UAE)
Contact: Jie Qin
Protein-ligand binding site recognition
Organizers: L. Gagliardi, W. Rocchia (IIT, Italy), A. Raffo, U. Fugacci, S. Biasotti (CNR-IMATI, Italy)
Contact: Andrea Raffo
The following list is a step-by-step description of the activities:
- Track organizers have sent their proposal describing the envisioned task, collection, queries, ground truth, evaluation method, and expected number of participants.
- The tracks are selected, and are listed at the SHREC web page. The track organizers start up their track.
- Participants register for the tracks they want to participate in.
- Each track is performed according to its own time schedule.
- The track organizers collect the results.
- The track results are combined into a joint paper, to be submitted for review to Computers & Graphics.
- The description of the tracks and their results are presented at the Eurographics Symposium on 3D Object Retrieval, 1-2 September 2022.
SHREC Time Schedule
- December 29, 2021: Submission deadline for track proposals.
- December 30, 2021: Notification of acceptance of track proposals.
- December 30, 2021 to March 15, 2022: Each track has its own time line.
- March 15, 2022: Submission deadline for full paper for review.
- April 15, 2022: First reviews done, first stage decision on acceptance or rejection.
- May 15, 2022: First revision due.
- June 15, 2022: Second stage of reviews complete, decision on acceptance or rejection.
- June 30, 2022: Final version submission.
- July 5, 2022: Final decision on acceptance or rejection.
- August 30, 2022: Publication online in Computers & Graphics journal.
- Sept 1-2, 20202: Presentation at the Eurographics Symposium on 3D Object Retrieval
For information about the contest, the results, etc. of previous years, see past events:
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.